Sugar free dessert with stevia is not something most people know about. So why would we need to know about using stevia as a sweetener anyway? There’s a very good reason. Today we know that too much sugar is not good for us. Many people who want to improve their health are looking for sugar free alternatives. Hopefully, this post will help you find a n alternative that will mean better health for you.
Since one of the biggest sources of sugar in our diet is dessert, it makes sense that we would look for ways to make desserts that are sweet, yet sugar free. That’s why the interest in sugar free dessert is becoming more common in kitchens everywhere.
SUGAR FREE DESSERT WITH STEVIA…WHAT IS STEVIA?
So…what is stevia? Stevia is a herb that was originally native to Paraguay where it grew in the wild before it was commercially discovered. Its small leaves are about 30 times as sweet as sugar without the harmful effects that come with sugar.
Sugar Free Dessert With Stevia
Stevia has many incredible health effects that are worth knowing. Here are just a few…
1) Blood Sugar Levels
Stevia can regulate blood sugar levels whether you are suffering from low blood sugar or high blood sugar. This is one of the most important benefits of sugar free desserts with stevia. It prevents sudden spikes in blood sugar levels that are not healthy.
2) Stomach Health
Stevia will reduce gas in the stomach as well as acidity. If you suffer from a bloated stomach and/or too much stomach acidity, switching to stevia as your sweetener might help.
Stevia is a great aid for obesity because it will not add additional calories like sugar does. This is perhaps the best reason for considering recipes for sugar free dessert with stevia.
4) Dental Health
Stevia can save your teeth. Not only will stevia not cause bad breath, tooth and gum problems, it has properties that will actually help your body to fight these conditions. Add it to your toothpaste or use it to make a gargle and you will have a clean and healthy mouth.
RATING THE SUGAR ALTERNATIVES FROM ASPARTAME TO STEVIA
Sugar Free Dessert With Stevia…Benefits Beyond Nutrition
5) Skin Health
Stevia works on your skin to reduce wrinkles, making it tighter yet softer. You can open a small bag of stevia concentrate and make a paste to apply to your face then rinse off after an hour. It will help you look naturally younger.
Stevia reduces blemishes. If you have pimples or scarring from pimples, apply stevia concentrate to those areas, let it dry then rinse. A few applications later, the blemish should be less visible.
If you cut or bruise yourself, some stevia applied directly to the area will make it heal faster.
From all the benefits listed here (both nutritional and otherwise), you can see that stevia is an herb of the future. Eating sugar free dessert with stevia as an alternative to regular sugar, will leave you in good health. It’s well worth considering as your herb of choice.
A Delicious Example Of A Sugar Free Dessert With Stevia
There are many dessert recipes with stevia you could try. Here’s a great one:
Coconut Pound Cake
Prep Time: 1.5 hours
Nutritional Facts Per Serving: 288 calories, 4 grams sugar,
2.5 grams fiber, 10 grams protein, 12 net carbs
• 10 large organic eggs
• 1 tsp of sea salt
• 3/4 cup of filtered water
• 2 cups of Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
• 2 tbsp of organic vanilla extract
• 1 tsp of organic lemon zest
• 1/2 tsp of stevia extract
• 3/4 cup of organic erythritol
• 10 tbsp of organic butter, softened
• 4 ounces of organic cream cheese
• 2 cups of organic whole milk yogurt
• 2 tsp of aluminum-free baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line the bottom with unbleached parchment paper. Spray pan on all sides and the paper with coconut oil spray.
3. Sift the coconut flour into a medium bowl. Whisk in the rest of the dry ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Beat in erythritol and continue to beat on high for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Mix in the eggs and beat well to incorporate.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined well.
7. Pour the batter into the loaf pan, filling about ¾ full.
8. Bake for 90 minutes, covering with foil after the first 30 minutes if the top is already golden
brown. Continue to bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean.
9. Let the cake cool for two hours in the pan.
NOTE: There are different forms of stevia extract and your desserts recipes with stevia may call for a change from time to time. The best thing to do is buy several different forms of it and keep them handy. Stevia doesn’t go bad for a long time.
If you visit Guilt Free Desserts right now, you can get immediate access to these two great ebooks absolutely FREE!
1. Fat Burning Baking- Bake Your Way To A Better Body
2. Eat Your Way Into Shape – Your Get-Fit-With-Food Guide
(When you visit the site, just wait a few seconds for the pop-down screen to appear for the details)
Here’s more information about sugar free dessert on this site:
Here’s more information about sugar free dessert that you might also find interesting: